The list of Cape May County sites are :
CAPE MAY COUNTY LOCATIONS
- Avalon - 32nd St. South
- Cape May –
- Nature Center of Cape May (1600 Delaware Avenue)
- 2nd Avenue Beach
- Del Haven – Sunray Beach
- North Wildwood – 15th Avenue at Beach Patrol Building
- Ocean City –
- Music Pier – 9th & Boardwalk (Moorlyn Terrace, NJ 08226)
- 58th Street Pavilion
- Sea Isle City – John F. Kennedy Boulevard Beach *Sweep will take place on September 27, 2014*
- Stone Harbor – 96th Street Beach
- Wildwood - Poplar Avenue Beach
- Wildwood Crest – Centennial Park (Atlantic and Fern) *cannot participate for Fall 2014, but will in Spring 2015*
You can pre-register for a whichever site you prefer, or just show up!
As usual, it is rain or shine (hopefully closer to shine) and it is best to bring gloves and some friends with you!
Show up when you can, leave when you have to, but enjoy a day outside doing something constructive, positive for the environment and neighborhood, and satisfying!
A lot of people need community service hours, for clubs, societies, schools,sports,church, or just for a sense of pride in the accomplishments of oneself :) . A beach clean up is a great way to help the community, and make a positive impact on your environment!
When you arrive at your chosen beach site, see whoever is in charge for bags and data cards, that capture what kinds and how much trash is found.
The data from these cards are tallied with the data from all of the other beach clean ups going on up and down the NJ coast.
See a report from last year, to put concrete numbers to just how much trash is on our beaches! Trust me…it will help you feel good about carrying your trash home with you, or walking the extra distance to put your trash in a can.
I don’t know about you, but those numbers make me happy to do something as easy as recycle, and make sure my trash from picnics and outings make it to a trash can instead of the ground!
So come on out, and help keep our beaches happy and healthy!